Thursday, October 19, 2006

Instapiffft

instapiffftI check out Glenn Reynolds' blog, Instapundit, almost every day -- often more than once a day -- but I seldom quote it here since Instapundit is itself mostly links with very brief comments -- often merely the patented Reynolds' "heh".

When I checked it this morning I found something funny that, in my role as the President of our local Java User's Group I thought I would pass along.
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/instapun/public_html/index.php on line 103


To be fair, I checked back in half an hour and the site was back up. If the site used the full J2EE framework instead of PHP it would serve pages 60 percent faster but when it went down it would be down for a week while a team of 17 coders tried to figure out why...

No comments: